Last Updated: 7/6/2021
By using the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect information, including personal information or personal data, when you visit our website or use Business Forecast Systems Services. We collect this information when you fill out forms or engage with us directly. We also collect this information via cookies, pixel tags, and certain software designed to interact with your computer or mobile device.
- Information You Provide: We collect the information you directly provide to Business Forecast Systems, Inc. when you visit our website or register for and/or use Business Forecast Systems Services.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We collect information related to your usage of Business Forecast Systems Services and the devices you use to access those Business Forecast Systems Services.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We collect information from third parties where you have provided us with access to information from those third parties.
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Business Forecast Systems, Inc. may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Job Title
If you purchase Business Forecast Systems, Inc.’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. will retain your personal information as long as you are actively using Business Forecast Systems Services or as needed to provide relevant communications related to Business Forecast Systems, Inc. You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (b) sending us an email message; (c) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
We Collect Certain Information in the Following Ways:
- IP Address, Location, Website Activity, and Browser Information: When you visit our website or use Business Forecast Systems Services, some information is automatically collected. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, type and language of the operating system running on your device, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. We also collect information about which web-elements or objects you interact with, metadata about your activity on the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. website, changes in your user state, and the duration of your visit. This information is used for the operation of Business Forecast Systems Services, to maintain quality of Business Forecast Systems Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. website.
- Cookies: Business Forecast Systems, Inc. collects information about your use of the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. website via cookies. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
- Log Files: Forecast Pro follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
- Tracking User Behavior: Business Forecast Systems, Inc. may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Business Forecast Systems, Inc. in order to determine what Business Forecast Systems, Inc. services are most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Business Forecast Systems, Inc. to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Information collected from other sources: When we collect information in connection with our business relationship with you, we may also obtain information from third parties. We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, as well as any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources include, for example:
- Applications and services, such as social networks, that make users’ information available to others;
- Service providers that help us determine your device’s location based on its IP Address to customize certain products and services to your physical location,
- Publicly available sources, such as open government databases or other information in the public domain
Use of Your Personal Information
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you may have requested.
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website to enhance your experience
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Business Forecast Systems, Inc.
From time to time, Business Forecast Systems, Inc. may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communications. In order to improve Business Forecast Systems Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Business Forecast Systems, Inc. or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Business Forecast Systems, Inc., you may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email, or by contacting Business Forecast Systems, Inc.
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understanding the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or deliver goods or services.
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Business Forecast Systems, Inc. or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Business Forecast Systems, Inc.; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Business Forecast Systems, Inc., or the public.
The Business Forecast Systems, Inc. website may use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Cookies cannot be used to run programs, nor to deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. services or websites you visit.
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. uses the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Third-Party Cookies: In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Business Forecast Systems Inc. website, deliver advertisements on and through the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. website, and so on.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
For California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), beginning January 2020, among other rights, California consumers have certain rights with respect to the processing of personal information about you. In particular, you have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the contact information listed below.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
If the processing of personal information about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you are entitled to the following rights with respect to that information:
- The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the contact information listed below.
Children Under Thirteen
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If you think that your child has shared private information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Security and Retention of Your Personal Information
Business Forecast Systems, Inc. secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure using SSL Protocol methods for this purpose.
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. website cannot be guaranteed.
We retain personal information or personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and Business Forecast Systems Services you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. These needs can vary for different information types in the context of different products. Accordingly, our actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the information, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, among receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if your personal information is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance of federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his/her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation;
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Data Protection Officer
Business Forecast Systems, Inc.
465 Waverley Oaks Rd. Suite 318
Waltham, Massachusetts 02452 USA